From May 25th 2018 the EU rules to Data Protection will change in line GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
The Data Controller for Grenville Engineering (Stoke-on-Trent) Ltd, is:
Dr Dali Dong – Operations Director
Unit 3 Newfield Industrial Estate, High Street, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 5PD
SUPERVISARY AUTHORITY REGISTRATION
We are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Our registration number is Z2546691.
- Name – We need to know your name so we can make contact with you.
- Company-We like to know which company you are contacting us from so we can do some research on how we can provide the best service to your company’s industry sector.
- Telephone Number – We would like to give you call so we can introduce ourselves properly and identify your immediate needs.
- E-mail – In the event we cannot reach you by telephone, we will send you an e-mail to let you know we have tried to make contact.
- Message/Comments – We need to know what specific services you are looking for.
Upload your drawings – Any drawings will be used for the sole purpose of the business and will not be given to any third party
If we collect any data from you, we will always tell you why we need the details and for how long we will store them for, ensuring that you are always informed. No data collection will be excessive and we will collect exactly what we need to comply with our legal requirements.
Contact and Communication
Once we have contacted you, we will make sure that we have got your explicit consent for any future liaisons. You have the right to withdraw your consent to be contacted at any time by e-mailing: email@example.com
If you would like to receive our newsletter by email, let us know and we will add you to our secure database, and we will only contact you for the purpose of letting you know what we are up to. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of the e-mail.
Our service only looks to contain safe and relevant external links to other sites, should we wish to use them. We ask all users to note that these external sites are not operated or owned by Grenville Engineering (Stoke-on-Trent) Ltd, and therefore we do not control or are responsible or liable for the content and their policies. Users are asked to review their privacy policies from these links
We will not send any marketing communication without your consent, should you not want to receive any further information you have the right to be forgotten and we will remove you from our marketing lists.
Social Media Platforms
Grenville Engineering (Stoke-on-Trent) Ltd is on Social Media, we use
- Google Plus
We will never ask for personal or sensitive information. Social media platforms can shorten lengthy website addresses, and although they take all reasonable actions to ensure the URLs used are genuine, they can be prone to spam and hacking. Grenville Engineering (Stoke-on-Trent) therefore cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by clicking on these shortened URLs.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Click here to learn how you can turn off cookies from within your browser.
What we collect
When filling out our contact forms on occasion me may require to collect the following information:
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We use a Reverse IP tracking tool called Lead Forensics which identifies visitors to our company website using their IP address. The tool identifies organisation information, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We do not share your information with any 3rd parties
We may use the information to improve our own products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How we store your data
The information that we collect from you is stored on our secure servers. We have strict access controls over who can see your data and for what reason. Your data will only be stored for as long as necessary and this will be stated to you in our first communication.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You are the data subject, and with that comes your rights as to what we do with your data.
- The right to be informed – We always make sure that you know why we need your data, what we do with it, how we process, how long we hold it for, and if there is any transfer of data to a third party, with the right to withdraw consent.
- The right of access – You would like to know what data we hold on you? No problem, send us a request at email@example.com. We will respond to you within 30 days.
- The right to be forgotten – You don’t want us to hold your details any longer? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to restrict processing – Do you think the details we hold on you are not correct? Let us know and we will restrict the processing of the data, until we know we have the right details.
- The right to data portability – You want us to send a copy of your data to another data controller? E-mail us at email@example.com
- The right to object – You don’t want us to send you any direct marketing materials? Tell us and we will stop firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – we don’t used the automated decision making or profiling, but if we ever do you will be the first to know.
Not happy with how we have handled your data? In the first instances, please do let us know as we will happily put it right. Still not satisfied? Please contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Changes to this policy
If we make any changes to this policy, we will updated the version on our website, so you are always in the know.